Thursday, June 9, 2011

Each new season I get giddy about trying to find a new sent. It can be as small as a new soap or hand lotion. Summertime, in my opinion, is a time for less. Less makeup, less clothing and less perfume. I want to smell fresh with a hint of something delicious. I have found three fragrances in three different price categories that achieve just that.

First, let's talk about the basic cleansing tool - soap. I love bars of soap. I always try to branch out to body washes but always come back to soap. I don't buy into the scent 'layering' effect because really, if you start out clean and fresh, it will only enhance your lotion and/or perfume. One of my favorite summertime soaps is Irish Spring. It's a little manly and kind of harsh on my sensitive skin (thus perfect for 3 - 4 months) but if I could sleep with a bar of soap by my pillow I would. I love the smell so much. And let's be honest, if I get a whiff of my deodorized pit and it smells like Irish Spring, it's a good day.
One of my favorite finds this summer has been Dove's Rebalance Go Fresh Body Mist. All the other smells in Dove's Body Mist collection smell a bit like alcohol, but Rebalance is wonderful for a $4 find. I love to re-spritz mid-day without an overpowering scent.
At The Store in Midway, Utah they had a display of some of J.R. Watkin's products and let me tell you, not only was I hooked with the fun packaging, but the smells were natural and wonderfully rich. I have had dreams about the Peach lotion that I may just have to go back and purchase. Right of the bat I was drawn in by the Aloe and Green Tea smell. It is definitely fresh, smells like summer and has a hint of warmth from the Green Tea, which I love. Added bonus, they only use natural ingredients in their products and they range from $5 - $15.
If I was feeling really rich this summer, I would run out and purchase this perfume. It is divine. Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh. I love the Marc Jacobs Daisy because it is a perfume that can go year round, but the Eau So Fresh is just so lovely. It is light and flowery and doesn't smell to perfumey. It is perfect.
Next Thursday I will discuss the Face, followed by Feet. Fragrance, Face, Feet and you are ready for summer!

No comments: