Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Maps

Doesn't a map just make you want to travel and explore the world? Maps and globes have always fascinated me. I used to, and still do, love spinning a globe and letting my finger land on my next destination. There is something to looking at a map and planning a trip or seeing where the roads will take you. In my experience nothing is better than having a physical map in your hand. GPS just doesn't cut it for me. I've gotten more lost using a GPS than I ever have using a physical map. Not only are they practical, but they look great on a wall, too. I'm looking for a large school map for my living room and can't wait to find the right one.













Tip: Topographical maps are great and very useful for backcountry exploration, however, they can be very confusing. REI provides free map and compass classes for members, and will leave you more confident in your map reading skills.

No comments: