Thursday, June 23, 2011

One of my favorite ways to try a new trend is with nail polish. As our family has started to grow, I have tried to save money by not getting a pedicure at a salon and instead doing it at home. And this coming from a girl who used to get a mani-pedi every 2 - 4 weeks. How times have changed.

With the at-home pedicures, I am all about fast and easy. To keep my feet smooth I use a foot scrub and foot lotion everyday. Everyday. If you are prone to cracks and dry heals, then this is my best advice. One of the main reasons I get pedicures is to smooth my feet and this regimen has surpassed any care I received professionally.

Another must to the at-home pedi is to make sure toes are clipped and clean and polished. Wearing no nail polish to me is like not wearing a bra. I try not to leave home without it. I have tried blue, green and every shade of pink and red under the sun. Year-round, these are my favorite shades:
OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ


OPI Lincoln Park After Dark


OPI Dulce de Leche


Essie Really Red

I have another perfect summer pink that I use but the label has been ripped off by my 2 year old. And speaking of my darling 2 year old, the best time, I have found, to polish my nails is at about 10:00 PM right before I go to bed. No distractions, a little down time and I sleep with my feet out of the sheets to wake up with a perfect pedicure. Sounds a little crazy, I know, but it works and allows me to keep my toes lovely while on a budget. 

No comments: