Thursday, June 16, 2011

I struggle with saving face all summer long. As in, trying to look like my makeup is not melting off. I am a face sweater and it is a battle to look effortless and lovely. Add a third trimester of top of it all and I am a real hot mess. Luckily, I have found a few products that make the face sweats and summer months totally doable.
Smashbox Anti-Shine is amazing. It is a clay-like primer that is one of the only products that gets rid of shine without covering up, which can sometimes leave a face a little cakey. Once my face is nice and clean, this is the first thing I use before starting my makeup routine, and it lasts throughout the day.

I am a foundation lover. But, on those really hot summer days, skip foundation and go right to your powder for a sheer cover-up. I am kind of on the fence right now about foundation and loose powder as a whole, but I just read about one from M.A.C., Magically Cool Liquid Powder, that sounds amazing.


Finally, when all else fails and you are left with a little mid-day shine, Instead of re-powdering and risk looking like a cake face, use blotting papers. I love Sephora's Matte Blotting Papers with added Vitamins C and E. Just store them in your purse and blot as needed.

One of the most important things about having a shiny or sweaty face? Just get outside, enjoy the sun (don't forget sunscreen) and put a smile on your face!

No comments: